David R. Holland
David R. Holland has been practicing law for twenty-one years primarily representing plaintiffs in injury claims and defendants in criminal matters. From 2008 until joining Phillips and Mille in 2018, David maintained a solo general practice addressing all his clients’ law needs in an efficient, customer oriented and cost-effective manner.
David has lived in the Cleveland area since 1992 and having lived on both the east and west sides of city, is familiar with the diverse needs of the community.
I use my legal skills to vigorously represent my clients to obtain the maximum recovery for them while always being mindful of the legal costs for that result to make economic sense for the client.
- J.D., cum laude, Cleveland State University, Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, OH, 1996
- BS in Business Administration, with distinction, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH 1984
- Represented the family of a college student killed in automobile accident in wrongful death action. Complex litigation involved two other college student fatalities, a trucking company and various insurance companies. Obtained a settlement for family without the need for a trial.
- Represented client in wrongful death action against property owner resulting from failure to properly maintain rental property. Decedent fell from balcony of second story apartment when the faulty railing collapsed. Judgment received.
- Represented administrator of wife’s estate in claim against husband due to a fatal car accident because of the husband’s intoxication. Insurance proceeds were sought for the benefit of the minor children. Worked extensively with probate court for approval of minors’ settlement and resolved matter by successfully negotiating settlement with insurance company prior to trial.
- “A great job done on my behalf….I am very much appreciative!”
- “David provides such compassionate, personalized services. He was always available when I needed him and attended to all my needs. He really cares about and goes above and beyond for his clients!”
- Cleveland Legal Aid Society Volunteer representing low income home owners who were being foreclosed upon during the mortgage crisis
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections Poll Elections Official