Nicholas E. Phillips is a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate. Mr. Phillips heads the litigation department of Phillips & Mille Co., L.P.A. He has practiced law for over thirty-five years. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Kent State University in 1970 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Akron in 1973. He has represented clients in civil and criminal jury trials and is actively engaged in managing the firm’s cases where litigation is possible or where matters require the litigation process to achieve final resolution. Mr. Phillips is experienced in the following types of litigation: medical malpractrice, products liability, personal injury, automobile crashes, wrongful death cases, injuries to minors, victims of crimes, industrial injuries, commercial litigation, collection actions, corporate disputes, contract disputes, construction claims, adminsitrative agency claims and other similar advocarial proceedings.
He specializes in civil trial work. Out of Ohio’s nearly 35,000 attorneys, slightly over 100 are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and the Ohio Supreme Court. A regular speaker at lawyer’s Continuing Legal Education seminars, Mr. Phillips has spoken to local and national groups.
Mr. Phillips’ community involvement includes being the founding and current Director of the North Royalton Community Emergency Response Team, (CERT), 2003 through present, and is the Chairman of the Cuyahoga County Citizen’s Corps Council. On Sunday evenings he hosts a Cleveland radio program, the Advocate on WHK, 1420 AM. He is an active member of the North Royalton Lions Club, and the North Royalton Chamber of Commerce. From 1984 to 1995 he served as an elected member of the North Royalton Board of Education. Mr. Phillips served as the North Royalton Law Director from 1996 to 1997. Mr. Phillips founded and served as a Volunteer Magistrate for the North Royalton Community Diversion Program, a program sponsored by the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, Juvenile Division from 1998 through 2007. Mr. Phillips is a retired Air Force Colonel and was the former Senior IMA Judge Advocate at Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robbins Air Force Base in Georgia.
- J.D., University of Akron School of Law, Akron, OH
- B.A., Kent State University, Kent OH
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Hawaii Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Parma Bar Associations
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American College of Legal Medicine
- North Royalton Community Emergency Response Team, (CERT), Founder and Director (2003 through present,
- Cuyahoga County Citizen’s Corps Council, Chairman
- Radio Host of Advocate on WHK, 1420 AM.
- North Royalton Lions Club,
- North Royalton Chamber of Commerce
- North Royalton Board of Education, elected member (1984-1995). North Royalton Law Director from 1996 to 1997.
- North Royalton Community Diversion Program, Founder and Volunteer Magistrate (1998-2007)
- United States Air Force, retired Colonel
- Senior IMA Judge Advocate at Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robbins Air Force Base in Georgia