Phillip J. Henry has been an attorney with Phillips & Mille since 2005. Phil is an aggressive litigator who stands up for his clients. Whether representing a client pursuing a claim, or defending against a claim, Phil will assist his client to understand the claim, ensure that their rights are protected, and will make recommendations as to what options are in their best interest. Phil is experienced in the following areas of litigation: appellate advocacy, collections, commercial litigation, consumer protection, corporate disputes, criminal, and personal injury. He also practices in real estate and corporate law.
Phil has lived in Berea with his wife since 1999, and has three children enrolled in Berea City School District.
I use my position to stand up for my clients to make sure that they are not taken advantage of. My father was injured at work when I was 15 and his company fought his Workers Compensation claim for years, stalling the process, and preventing any treatment or payment. This personal experience has had a lasting impact and has shaped me into an attorney who truly cares about the financial, physical and emotional well being of my clients.
- J.D. University of Akron, Akron, OH, 1999
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 1995
- SuperLawyers Rising Star 2011-2013
- Presenter at Cleveland Association of Paralegals Spring Seminar May 2015: The Use of Social Media and Electronic Discovery in Litigation, and Crime, Internet and Teenagers.
- Presenter at Advanced Litigation Seminar in West Palm Beach Florida, March 2, 2011: Using computer evidence in premise liability litigation.
- Lawyers Guild for the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Southwest Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Medina County Bar Association
- Mediation Association of Northeast Ohio
- Ohio Mediation Association
- Member, Middleburg Heights Junior High PTA
- Member, Ford Intermediate School PTA
- Eucharistic Minister, St. Adalbert’s Church, Berea
- Team Captain, Collections Counting Team
- Member, Pre-Cana Program
- President, Parish Council
- Board of Trustees, Berea Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer, Junior Achievement
- Den Leader, Cub Scout Pack 107
- Member, Berea Kiwanis
- Head Football Coach, Lou Groza Football
- Head Soccer Coach, Berea Youth Soccer Club
“Phil is not just an attorney, but a friend for life.”
“I wish I knew you better as a person rather than just as my attorney”
Client Type: Civil Plaintiff
Service Performed: Represented client who had claim of tortious interference of inheritance
Client’s Issue: Mother agreed to leave him her house when she died. His sister alienated the mother, and exerted her will on the mother to have her give the home to sister’s daughter.
Issue: None of the Defendants were collectable, and
Our Approach: Mother was in a bad condition, and had Dennis Mille convince the Defendants that if something happened to Mother and she had to go into assisted living, everyone could lose the house.
Result: Worked out agreement to transfer property to my client without effecting Medicaid eligibility and negotiated an agreed upon sale for the house so that all parties were able to get some money from the sale.
Client Type: Civil Defendant
Service Performed: Represented client accused of embezzling money from company
Issue: Hard to go through extensive documents from company showing payments
Our Approach: I was able to get a clone of the company’s server to allow client to manipulate the Quickbooks to show that he was not embezzling money, and pursued counterclaim for money he was due
Result: Resolved in mediation with my client getting $75,000.00 in cash and $155,184.71 in press machines from the company